Colorado Preschool Program
The Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) is a state-funded early childhood education program administered by the Colorado Department of Education. This program makes it possible for young learners to attend Mapleton preschools at little or no cost. Each participating school district is given a predetermined number of half-day positions to serve eligible children.
Eligibility for CPP is determined by your child’s age and certain risk factors present in their lives, which have been shown to be associated with later challenges in school. A variety of factors will be considered including household income, free or reduced lunch eligibility, homelessness, language skills, social skills and more. More information about CPP is available in the CPP Handbook.
Mapleton's Preschool Program serves children three and four years of age (must be three by October 1). Half-day preschool is offered at six schools in Mapleton. Full-day preschool classrooms are hosted at Preschool on Poze (2410 Poze Blvd., Thornton), Global Primary Academy (7480 N. Broadway, Denver), and Trailside Academy (2300 W. 67th Pl., Denver).
Transportation to school is provided for families living with the district boundaries and for regular school hours only (full day and half-day programming). Transportation is not available for before and aftercare.
Full-day preschool includes:
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Before and aftercare for working families
- Preschool on Poze | 6:45 - 8:35 a.m. and 3:25 - 5:15 p.m.
- Global Primary Academy | 6:45 - 8:15 a.m. and 3:10 - 5:15 p.m.
- Trailside Academy | 6:45 - 7:45 a.m. and 2:50 - 5:15 p.m
Apply for enrollment in Mapleton's Preschool Program
- Families new to Mapleton can begin the enrollment process online.
- Families with students currently attending a Mapleton school should log in using their current Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account to begin the online enrollment process.
Once you have completed the online enrollment process, you will receive an email letting you select your school of choice.
In-district students will be contacted in May 2022 to schedule a screening. Out-of-district students will be contacted in September 2022, if there is space available. It is critical that you keep your contact information current with us, any changes please contact the Welcome Center at 303-853-1780. Your child’s preschool screening will be scheduled via email.