As a Mapleton employee, your benefits package includes:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (active election required each year)
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Aflac Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
Whether you plan to make changes to your benefits or continue with the same benefits, you must log onto the employee portal to review your plans and ensure your selected plans meet the needs of you and your family.
Review your benefits:
If you are a regular employee scheduled to work at least 20 hours or more per week with and FTE of .50 or higher you are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following your date of hire.
Many of the plans allow you to cover your eligible dependents, which include:
- Your legal spouse (including same-sex spouse if legally married), common-law spouse, domestic partner, or civil union partner.
- Your children to age 26, regardless of student, marital, or tax-dependent status (including a stepchild, legally adopted child, a child placed with you for adoption, or a child for whom you are the legal guardian).
- Your dependent children of any age who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves (provided the child was disabled prior to age 26).
- If you and your spouse/partner both work for Mapleton Public Schools, please contact the Benefits Specialist.
Open enrollment is the time when you elect benefits for the following year. It usually occurs in the month of May. During open enrollment, you must take action and enroll in or waive benefits. Actions include:
- Enroll in coverage
- Change plans
- Add/drop dependents
- Drop coverage